Saturday 14 February 2015

Indian Wells - Mountains, Single





Indian Wells, 'Mountains'


Info: Indian Wells, real name Pietro Iannuzzi, is an Italian electronic musician on the Bad Panda record label. His new LP, Pause, was just recently released with above single, 'Mountains', due out on the 9th of March. The first single from the new album, 'Alcantara' was playlisted by BBC Radio 6's Lauren Laverne as well as Triple J's Mike Shiel. 'Mountains', and indeed the rest of the tracks on Pause, sound like a hybrid of Mount Kimbie and Four Tet and the music is incredibly luscious, I would go as far as saying it's some of the finest electronica I've heard in a long, long time. The track itself is mellow personified, with sleepy beats, gently crackling static and a subtly ominous bass-line creeping just under the surface. I thought 'Mountains' was great, which it is, but then I listened to 'Alcantara', and after that I listened to an older track on Indian Wells' SoundCloud page called 'In The Streets' (below) from his first album Night Drops, magic stuff from Iannuzzi. I could probably write this review again in a month's time and share so much more, for now, I'm digesting! and I can't recommend checking out his SoundCloud (link below) enough.



Indian Wells, 'In The Streets'



Like / Listen / Follow: